Bloggers & Law, Internet Law, Legal Tips, M’sian Law News, E-commerce, Inspiring Stories… header image 2

Adultery, legal or illegal in Malaysia?

March 25th, 2008 · 74 Comments


What is adultery?

My friend said “adultery is having secret relationship with someone who has married.”  

Based on L B Curzon, Dictionary of Law, 4th edition, (International Law Book Services: Kuala Lumpur), 1995,adultery” means an act of voluntary sexual intercourse (which need not be completed) between two persons not married to each other, but one or both of whom are married at the time of the act to a third person.

So is it legal to have sex with someone who is married?

There is no provision either in the Penal Code or the Criminal Procedure Code that stipulates punishment for adultery.

Meaning adultery as an act itself is not a criminal offence in Malaysia under the law.

Enticing Away a Married Woman Is illegal

However, Section 498 of the Penal Code provides for the punishment for the offence of enticing or taking away or detaining with a criminal intent a married woman.

Section 498 Penal Code:
“Whoever takes or entices away any woman who is and whom he knows, or has reason to believe, to be the wife of any other man, from that man, or from any person having the care of her on behalf of that man, with intent that she may have illicit intercourse with any person, or conceals, or detains with that intent any such woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.”

It is very interesting to see that, in fact, only man who takes or entices away any married woman may be charged under this provision. This similar provision does not apply to woman who entices or takes away a married man.

That means if a woman entices a married man, she will not be held guilty under this provision of law. Unfair? well, I think the law presumes that ALL women are good and decent, they will never entice a married man. This may (may not) be true in the ancient time, but I definitely don’t think it is true now a day. haha!

So MAN, please watch out for the law when you want to have a “2nd woman” out of your family. 2 years jail is “no play play”.

For your information, even though adultery is not a crime under the criminal law, adultery can be evidence of irretrievably breakdown of a marriage, which is a ground for the presentation of a divorce petition by a petitioner under the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976 (refer to section 53 and 54 of the same Act). However, most people always find it hard to prove it in court.

Tags: -==Legal Tips==- · Family Law

74 responses so far ↓

  • 1 x // Mar 25, 2008 at 6:35 pm

    man, thanks for the tips, this is good .

  • 2 x // Mar 25, 2008 at 6:36 pm

    anyway, i would like to ask, is there any provision on making 3gp sex video by two consenting adults?

  • 3 orang cina // Mar 25, 2008 at 8:20 pm

    very nice and informative blog. will visit again

  • 4 a // Mar 25, 2008 at 8:59 pm

    legal or illegal, my wife warned me of pain of castration if ever she found me with another girl… so far so good, she has not find out yet

  • 5 Michelle // Mar 26, 2008 at 10:50 am

    Eddie, I tend to think the law was more likely written in a time when maried women were considered to be the “property” of their husbands. Hence, a crime was committed when someone enticed or detained a man’s property and’ took’ what was ‘rightfully’ his.

    However, if a man chose to let himself be enticed or detained for such a purpose … no harm, no foul. And certainly no ‘crime’ was seen to have been committed against the wife. Interesting view of the world, isn’t it?

  • 6 Eddie Law // Mar 27, 2008 at 12:54 am

    X – distributing sex video no matter in what format is definitelty in contradiction of the law in Malaysia. I can’t recall the specific provision off hand. I will check it out in due course.

    orang china – thanks. Hope to see you around.

    Michelle – I think you are absolutely right. In fact, your learned comment makes my bell rings. Yah, that should be the true historical reason behind the specific provision. I stand corrected.

  • 7 Probate Wills // Apr 1, 2008 at 5:47 am

    So having sex with a married woman is not illegal…but enticing her away from her husband is?? That seems odd to me

  • 8 x // Apr 1, 2008 at 10:11 am

    thanks eddie, but i was more like thinking for the couple own use but then discovered by someone else. not for the purpose of distribution.

  • 9 Eddie Law // Apr 2, 2008 at 8:13 am

    Probate Will – don’t forget it is still immoral

    x- i guess if one was caught to be in possession of obscene material that itself is an offence too.

  • 10 Poor Wife // Apr 9, 2008 at 4:24 pm

    I just discovered that my husband has an affair out there and he has no intention to leave the girl (still single). I have 2 kids with my husband, the 1st one (daughther) is 5 yrs while the 2nd (son) is 11 months. I called my husband’s girl friend to leave my husband but she refuse. May I know 1. what is the punishment for the single lady who seduce other woman’s husband under malaysian law. 2. What about the married man who has an affair out there?

  • 11 Eddie Law // Apr 13, 2008 at 12:23 am

    Poor Wife- I am sorry to say that there is no law in Malaysia punishing a married man to have an affair with a single woman and vice versa. Perhaps it is advisable for you and your husband to seek for professional counseling in order to recover the marriage.

  • 12 Yee // Apr 14, 2008 at 1:07 pm

    From your article above, it seems that if a man had an affair with another man’s wife, he can be punished, right? How do we gain the evidence to charge the “having affair husband”? What if both of them denied? Should PI helps?

  • 13 Eddie Law // Apr 14, 2008 at 2:03 pm

    Yee- what do you mean by PI? Private Investigator may help.

  • 14 Yee // Apr 14, 2008 at 2:28 pm

    Yes Eddie, I’m referring PI to Private Investigator. Is the cost of hiring 1 in Malaysia very high?

  • 15 Eddie Law // Apr 14, 2008 at 3:02 pm

    Yee- Oh yes, I have dealt with 1 before during my practice. Their fees are considerablely high.

  • 16 clement // Aug 17, 2008 at 1:58 pm

    i was doing a uni assignment on sexual harassment, wasn’t able to find articles on malaysia.. quite odd.. , but your article here is interesting…

  • 17 Eddie Law // Aug 17, 2008 at 6:40 pm

    clement – glad that you find it useful. you are right there is not much of Malaysian articles available online.

  • 18 James Liew // Sep 15, 2008 at 12:38 am

    I have a question here.. My friend found that her husband is having an affair with another girl.. She has three kids and she is a housewife (100% rely on her husband).. I want to know if she wants to divorce with her husband.. Can she get any alimony from her husband..?

  • 19 S // Sep 22, 2008 at 1:08 pm

    I’m going to file a single petition dirvorce with my wife (taiwanese).we have 1 daughter 6yrs old which is going to stay with her in taiwan.
    the reason i’m filing single petition because she is asking for 6K monthly expenses,my condo and 30K cash which I cannot afford. Can you please advice?

  • 20 Eddie Law // Sep 24, 2008 at 5:06 pm

    James – there are 2 approaches your friend may consider – 1st and the preferred method is to get a consent from her husband to divorce and negotiate with the husband on the amount of monthly maintanence. This will save time and cost for everyone. If the husband doesn’t agree then 2nd is to file a single petition to get a divorce, the court will only grant such order if your friend can prove the ground of divorce. Adultery is one of the element of it.

    The question of maintenance is depend on case to case basic. It is hard for me to tell you here.

    S – your question is too general and I am not sure in what aspect you want me to help you. I would suggest you to engage a lawyer to ahve a face to face advice. However, as I said earlier, in order to success in a single petition matter, you need to prove you have the valid ground of divorce.

  • 21 Hola Hola // Sep 29, 2008 at 2:34 pm

    Eddie Law ,

    what is the minimum proof of adultery if i wanted to sue the guy that having affair with my wife and my wife was admit she had sex with him before.

    is it photo of kissing , hugging enough to prove them adultery with supporting of MSN conversation of them that they already had intercourse.

  • 22 clay // Oct 4, 2008 at 10:57 pm

    My friend’s husband recently confessed he had been having an affair with another girl (verbally & in sms which she has kept). Although he has sought to reconcile with her, she is unable to continue with the marriage, & is therefore seeking a divorce.

    I know my friend is self-sufficient in terms of career & finances, but is adultery sufficient grounds for her to seek any form of alimony?

    Also, there is the issue of property (a house purchased in both names), in which both parties have been paying for. If the downpayment was paid by her husband, but both had been servicing interest payments for the last 2 years(the house is not ready), what happens to the property post-divorce?

  • 23 Eddie Law // Oct 17, 2008 at 11:07 pm

    Hola Hola – after checking with a senior lawyer, she said :

    “There must be evidence of a relationship or evidence on proximity showing that they were in compromising position. Sometimes there may be issue and this is sufficient to establish adultery.”

  • 24 Bad Husband // Oct 22, 2008 at 5:16 am

    Dear Eddie,
    I had a brief affair (2 months) with a Chinese girl early this year. My wife found out and intends to file for divorce soon. She told me that I’ll go to jail for my action. The girl has since returned to China and we’ve lost contact completely. I know I’ve done something shameful and regret it, but my marriage is gone. Do I have to go to jail as a consequence of my action? I’m really concerned for my reputation as I’m a businessman.
    Bad Husband

  • 25 Eddie Law // Oct 25, 2008 at 10:23 pm

    Bad Husband – as far as I know there is no offence under the law to have sex with someone who is above 16 years old (with consent, of course). Since you did not marry the Chinese girl, hence, bigamy doesn’t apply in your case as well.

  • 26 cleo // Oct 25, 2008 at 11:39 pm

    my friend’s wife is going to sue him on adultery with another single woman . what punishment will him get under the malaysian law ? as well as the single woman?

  • 27 Ranzen // Nov 11, 2008 at 8:48 pm

    Dear Eddie.. is this statement considered sexual harrasment… ‘You an try with my 6 inch’

  • 28 Eddie Law // Nov 18, 2008 at 10:28 pm

    cleo – pls see my answer above.

    Ranzen – it is really depend on in what context the statement was made.

  • 29 Law Student // Nov 27, 2008 at 4:24 pm

    Dear Eddie,

    Hope you could help me out on this one.

    Do you know of any other causes of actions that are available to the WIFE if she wants to sue the MISTRESS/HUSBAND’S PARAMOUR?

    Is it only via s58 Law Reform (Marriage & Divorce) Act 1976 where the Wife has to:

    i) File a Divorce Petition against her Husband;
    ii) Add the Mistress/Husband’s Paramour as a CO-Respondent; and
    iii) Sue for Damages against her ?

    I read about a cause of action developed by UK common law called the Tort of Enticement, which is applicable in Malaysia by virtue of s3 Civil Law Act 1956. According to case law, it is applicable to both Wife AND Husband. However, it must be proven that the 3rd party has induced the Spouse to leave and go on to live with the 3rd party.

    I managed to find only these two causes of actions. It would be GREAT is you know of any others that are also available.

    For example, what if the WIFE wants to sue the 3rd Party without getting divorced with her Husband, but there is no evidence of any enticement whatsoever? Is there a cause of action open to the Wife in such a situation?

  • 30 tania // Feb 22, 2009 at 1:29 pm

    dear eddie,
    my cousin married a man with ED. they never had intercourse but there is no medical evidence saying he has tat problem. so, a year after marriage, she had a sexal encounter wid another man just once and thus decided to divorce her husband. they divorced half a yr ago. now he is threatening to sue her for adultery. it is not sure whether he has any evidence on her. she is certain he does not because if he did, he wud have sued her a long time ago since he is very greedy for money. kindly let us know where the law stands on this.

  • 31 elle // Apr 6, 2009 at 1:18 am

    is it legal for a muslim women to conduct adultery before marriage? the partner is not a muslim, what is the punishment they both will get if it is illegel?

  • 32 Ong // Apr 7, 2009 at 12:30 am

    I knew that my wife is having an affair with her ex boyfriend, if I can furnish proof that they are committing adultery and initiates divorce, do I have to pay her alimony?

    What about the house that we owned under join name but the down payment and the monthly payment is paid for by me, can she claim half a share on that?

    Also my yougest kid is already 17 year old, do I still have to pay maintenance fee for her if my wife get custody of her?

    Thanks //Ong

  • 33 xinee // Apr 11, 2009 at 5:00 pm

    if my friend had got the permission from tribunal court that issue stated that their mariage cannot continue anymore 2years ago. And after these two years , is it means that they had divorce automatically.? ps advise

  • 34 xes // May 6, 2009 at 9:51 pm

    Wow this is a popular topic!

  • 35 Eddie Law // May 16, 2009 at 6:27 pm

    Law Student – off the cuff I am not too sure if there is any other cause of action available. perhaps you could enlighten us when you have found out any.

    Tania – if they have already divorced, then adultery will not be a concern anymore undetr the Family law.

    Elle – if both parties are unmarried and above 16 years old and consented to have sex, I don’t think there is any offence in it. If the man is married then the wife may use this as a element to prove the ground of divorce. As far as Muslim law is concerned, I must profess that I don’t have much knowledge.

    Ong – I will reply to your queries shortly.

    xinee – I am not sure if your friend had attended the marriage reconciliation tribunal under JPN. if yes, then it is not so-called “automatic divorce”, your friend still need to go to court to apply for an order for the divorce.

    xes – yes, I guess many couple face this problem and internet is the “most secure” way to turn for help.

  • 36 Concern Sister // May 26, 2009 at 9:34 pm

    Eddie, my sister had been married thru’ Association for 10+yrs. After many years facing his bad temper & abusive words (no physical attack), finally she decided to file a divorce petition. She had submitted her form to JPN for marriage reconciliation tribunal. And, it must be done within 6 mths. Is it compulsory to attend the tribunal? What will happen if Counselor appointed by JPN, in my sister’s case the person-in-charge of the Association, refused to tackle their case? Can my sister forgo her case after the 6 mths? Pls advise. Thnx!

  • 37 lan // Jun 10, 2009 at 10:20 pm

    My wife is filing a divorce, and using staements that I have slept with my maid as areason of adultery.

    My maid told me that my wife had brought her to see a lawyer, where the lawyer had threaten her (My maid) that if she lies she might be put into jail. I was told by my maid that, my wife had threaten her that she will be sent off if she disagree. As such she had told the lawyer that she had slept with me.


    1.Do my wife have a valid reason to file a divorce.

    2. What is the punishment and the law act for threatening the maid to my wife and the lawyer if i were to file a case against them.

    My wife is eager to file a divorce as she feels that i am siding to my parents too much and wnat me to cut off the relationship with them if I were to stay with her. Of course i had denied her request.

    My mom and my wife, sisters do not get along and ever since we have been staying separately.

  • 38 bibi // Jun 12, 2009 at 5:01 pm

    my husband moved out but do not live with the mistress and he does not pay any fee, he just bring the kids out for dinner once a month, what should I do?
    I do not have any photo to state that he has mistress, but all his friends know and some of the mistress’s colleagues know their relationship.

  • 39 Clayton // Jun 23, 2009 at 7:47 pm

    I had a friend whose GF is having a affair with a Malaysian Muslim man, thats old enough to be a DAD, assume to be married with some good establisment of house or family.

    Benefit of doubt, to sue that malaysian MAN, with adultery with the help of the man’s wife. ??

    but worry is that the man could be the only income, being housewife, might not accept the challenge of court case.

    its really loose loose situation.

  • 40 Parents Divorce After Dad’s Hooker Is Their Daughter | Strollerderby // Jul 8, 2009 at 11:01 pm

    [...] Image: LawEddie [...]

  • 41 Eddie Law // Aug 22, 2009 at 12:25 am

    Please also read this interesting real life case where Malaysian lawyer challenged the constitutionality of section 498 of Penal Code.

  • 42 Derrick Chan // Aug 22, 2009 at 12:43 am

    Dear Eddie,

    I am wondering how come Wong Kian Keong can take over the AGC’s job in prosecuting a section under the Penal Code.

    As far as I know, Wong Kian Keong is no longer a DPP and is a private practitioner now.

    Did the AG appoint Wong Kian Keong to prosecute the case?

    It seems to me (if the AG did not appoint Wong) that this is private prosecution.

    Is there any provision in Malaysian law that provides for this? If so, which Act? which section?

    What is the limit of such a law? Can I privately prosecute someone for theft or murder?

    Please enlighten me. I am very confused.

  • 43 Eddie Law // Aug 22, 2009 at 1:00 am


    I am not very sure about the fact of the case neither if this is a private prosecution case.

    However, the relevant provisions in relation to institution of criminal proceedings are provided in sections 128 – 132 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

    Pls take note especially section 132, which states:
    “No Court shall take cognisance of an offence under section 498 of the penal Code except upon a complaint made by the hisband of the woman.”

  • 44 It’s A Crime To Entice A Married Woman! // Aug 23, 2009 at 11:01 am

    [...] a nosy me google search for more information about enticing and I chance upon this interesting blog entry. What baffle me is that if a man entices a married woman, he may be charged under this particular [...]

  • 45 Dan J // Aug 28, 2009 at 1:19 am

    Dear Eddie,

    If having prove of MSN conversation record and wife sms confession of her already had sex with another married man able to support the case against them? Please advise. Thanks.

  • 46 Devastated // Sep 3, 2009 at 10:22 pm

    My husband who lives in Singapore is having an affair with a woman who lives in Malaysia (she has children but I don’t know for certain if she is married). Do you know if I have any legal recourse against either of them? Or if her husband does (assuming she has one)?
    Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

  • 47 pity girl // Sep 10, 2009 at 3:37 pm

    i already marrige with my wife. may i marrige again with another girl?my wife is from singapore she still stay at singapore.and i am return malaysia.can i do it?thanks…

  • 48 Chavez // Sep 13, 2009 at 8:09 am

    I am having an affair with a Jewish woman who is married to a Rabbi. She has told me that he will not divorce her based on religious reason. Also his wife has told me that her Rabbi husband is a homosexual.

    Can she still get a legal divocre from her gay jew huband?

  • 49 companionship // Sep 14, 2009 at 2:02 pm

    i’m married with 2 children but with husband not living together, only comes back once a week. So i committed adultery with another man who is married too.
    The reason being, i need pleasure and i totally had no intention at all to break up his family and he also have the same intention as i do.
    Does this consider ilegal?

  • 50 Eden Hoi // Sep 17, 2009 at 3:08 pm

    is that any law cases about this adultery?
    i want to know this is illegal but is this activities ethical? thankz.

  • 51 Companionship // Oct 1, 2009 at 1:45 am

    Eden hoi : No legal cases, no ethical frm both side. Both just need pleasure, nothing more.

  • 52 zek // Oct 17, 2009 at 5:07 pm

    Q1: Is Section 498 Penal Code applies to muslims too?

    Q2: Are below proofs enough to charge a man with the section?
    1: Phone conversation which clearly proves the man is living together with my wife. (However the woman is my friend giving helping voice and the call was made using my wife’s phone no. )
    2. Pictures of them in intimates poses (mouth kissing & wife nude with nasty writing over her body which include an appartment name)

    Q3: Can I sue this man since the section provides punishment?


  • 53 KB // Oct 17, 2009 at 6:28 pm

    Hi Eddie,
    I am in a relationship with my girlfriend who is a married woman who wants to divorse the husband who is very fears and dont have sex with her. She wants to runaway from him and stay together with me. On the otherhand I am also married and divorcing my wife. Can her husband bring me to court as my girlfriend ( future wife) is staying with me. We want to live a happy life together.

  • 54 Kit // Nov 10, 2009 at 9:27 pm

    Hi Eddie,
    I might need help on the definations of “entice” in this topic…if a single man have an adultery with a married woman (which is not living with her husband,awaiting divorce when their marriage reaches 2year from the day of ROM), can he be charged if her husband decided to sue him? Does having bedroom relationship with this women will fall under this category although the woman lives with her parent at this moment…

    Appreciate your advice.


  • 55 Elsie // Dec 2, 2009 at 5:53 pm

    Hi Eddie, I have an Indian staff who had registered her marriage with her boyfriend for about 1/2 year, but has not gone through the Indian marraige rites. They live apart, and hardly meet up. Now the husband wants to divorce her and wants to lodge a police report (so as to keep her away). She is perplexed why he wants to do that and why he wants a divorce. Is this a tactic to ensure that he does not have to pay alimony.
    Kindly advise. Thank you

  • 56 david // Jan 5, 2010 at 8:48 pm

    Hey, sir. What age allows a boy to have sex? Since, sex with a girl under sixteen is illegal. What about the boy? As far as I know, a boy under 14 can never be trialled as a rapist. Please correct me if I am wrong.. Thanks..

  • 57 vel // Mar 19, 2010 at 8:54 am

    Hi Eddie…

    Is cybers*x considered adultery?

    What is Malaysian Law’s stand on this? Please comment.


  • 58 c.a.rao // Mar 24, 2010 at 12:35 pm

    Hi Eddie
    I have a friend that it is against the law to have oral sex with the opposite sex either own wife or friend. I disgaree with him. Who is right?

  • 59 Shan // Mar 29, 2010 at 8:31 pm

    Hi Eddie,
    Thanks for your info. Find it really useful at times like these; my sister’s seeking a divorce based on irreconcilable differences: adultery being one of them. She’s been through marriage counselling provided last year but the husband seems to be going back to his old ways these past few months.

    He has accuse her of fooling around as well; based on her working & social life; she’s a designer and hance has male co-workers & friends. He wants 100% custody of their 4 yr old daughter as he has accuse her of being an unfit mother, and has threaten her that “this will get ugly if it gets to court/judge”. Which makes me laugh as all these while she has been working hard to help him pay off his financial debts (she signs herself has his guarantor) while he hardly ever comes home to spend time with their daughter while she is a wake.

    My question now is:
    1) Will he get punish for threatening her?
    2) Can she withdraw her name from being a financial guarantor?
    3) In your opinion, will custody be granted to the father in this case; being financially incapable of repaying his debt?

    Kindly advice. Thank you

  • 60 Alice // Apr 10, 2010 at 6:52 am

    Hi Eddie,

    My husband and his mistress were having a relationship for the past 5 years. They have 1 boy and one more is coming soon. I have thier 1st boy birth certificate. If I want to sue my husband for adultary, what punishment will he getting and also the woman ?

    If I am going to sue them , means I should not sign the devorce paper first right ?

    He suppose to settle the full settlement of the house and convert his 50% share into my name , if I am pursuing this , will I still entitle for this ?

  • 61 sheena // May 26, 2010 at 11:15 am

    am a muslim woman who is going to soon he is a convert now who got his first marriage to his hindu wife annulled coz of his conversion. he is separated from his wife since 18 years back has a kid with her . when i met him he also has a wife married but unregistered coz he was still ‘married ‘ but still is living with this wife . i know legally she is not his wife and once he marries me he has to leave her . the problem here is tht she doesnt want to leave him n has harrased me pyhsically verbally doesnt accept our marriage or his conversion . when he met me he gave up all his vices likes drinking smoking gambling womanising which his wife of 18 years know but cant reform n i put an end to all tht n she now thanks me but doesnt want to return him to me and tried cheap tactics like suicides or having his mother living with her pls advice

  • 62 yen // Aug 1, 2010 at 1:47 am

    i m in single petition divorce process with my wife, we just married for 2 yrs. my asset is all belong to my name & i have a prove that all by my own effort. if i dun share my asset to my wife, which she is not qualify at all, but the judge decided to give her 30% of my asset & i insist not to give. Will i get into jail ? she had bad history- she had contempt of court bcos she did not follow court order that not let me see my son for 2 yrs. what is the punishment of her ?

    Hopes to received your answer soon.
    Thank you eddie

  • 63 Tom Brady // Aug 22, 2010 at 2:44 am

    The world is totally unfair today, being poisoned by feminism i.e an absurd movement. Btw, sometims it’s the woman who are attracted to other man than their spouses. Never underestimate women twisted sexual desires.

  • 64 Angeline Ng // Sep 17, 2010 at 7:18 pm

    My husband of 10 years is currently having an affair with a married malay women with 3 kids. We have 2 kids of our own. He says that he is waiting for this malay women to be granted a divorce from her husband and he will proceed to married her. He will convert to Muslim before they get married. Can I let him do this to me and the my kids? Is there a law that can protect me from what he is doing? They are both commiting adultery.

  • 65 Anyone out there? // Sep 25, 2010 at 12:44 am

    Hi Eddie, are you still answering any of the questions left on this site? It’s been more than a year since you’ve posted anything here…

  • 66 Eddie Law // Sep 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm

    In general I have ceased providing legal advice online. However, I may still answer questions which are not tantamount to giving legal advice.

  • 67 Ani // Oct 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm

    Hi Eddie,

    don’t mean to bother you, but I really need some guidance.

    I was an expatriate in Malaysia and relocated to India a while back. The packers and movers company I contacted took all my stuff and full payment of RM 3600. Its been four months, they haven’t sent my stuff yet and have stopped communicating. Is there any hope of getting my things. I don’t even know where to begin . Perhaps I should just say goodbye to all my belongings now that I’m miles away form Malaysia?

    Thanks in advance,

  • 68 Ani // Oct 9, 2010 at 6:22 pm

    Hi Eddie,
    In continuance to my earlier post, I think hiring a lawyer would be ideal. Could you suggest anyone who would take on this matter?


  • 69 BT // Oct 17, 2010 at 4:03 am

    Hi Eddie,
    I’m in dire need for advice. I was married 3 years ago and our life was just like any other happy couple. A few months ago my wife knew this colleague that treats her very well. She denied that they have anything going on between them and they are just friends. Until recently, she started to behave differently towards me and she called the guy almost everyday and sometimes in the middle of the night. They should talk for more than 30 min. Also, she did not come back home twice. She also lied about her whereabouts, which I caught her. We have no kids but have a house under both our names. How can I protect myself and what proof can I attained in order to file a divorce. Is voice recording and phone listing enough to proof in court in my favour?

    Thanks in advance Eddie.

  • 70 Faith // Jul 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm

    Can i sue the Malaysia Malay girl that have affair with my husband? She is single.

  • 71 Jeanne // Aug 10, 2011 at 11:16 pm

    Can I take any legal action against a divorcee who had affair with my husband? She is a primary school teacher in one of the Chinese Schools in Penang. Before she met and seduced my husband , she already had many affairs with her headmaster, senior assistant , computer analyst(her coursemate’s husband) and many more . Officer from JPNPP knew about her immoral action and a disgrace to the teaching profession but no action taken on her in fact keeps on protecting her. Now she is ‘living in’ with her pupil’s father !
    If I can take any legal action on her , pls inform me asap. Thank you.

  • 72 Audrey // Oct 14, 2011 at 1:30 pm

    I am married to my husband in Sarawak for 6 years. I have 2 kids.Recently i saw my husband with a lady and a small kid. How can i find out whether my husband has married again legally? Without marriage the kid would not be able to get her birth certificate.

  • 73 lisa // Nov 27, 2011 at 11:07 pm

    Dear Eddie

    I’m married wt my husband for 10 yrs. we don’t have any children. abt 4 mths ago, i found out that he got involve wt his colleague. she was a divorcee. they got very close to the extend she even ask my husband to buy milk powder for her son, sms my husband to go to her hse for dinner, cook lunch to office for my husband & my husband will give her a ride home by motorcycle almost daily after work. until today my husband still deny their relationship. my husband & i quarrel a few times bcos of that. there was a few times i asked my husband to stop doing what he’s doing & be a responsible husband but he won’t listen & now he even ask for divorce. even though he was in the wrong, my in-laws & my husband chase me out from the hse saying that “i will only cause them embarrassment if the neighbors heard me & my husband quarrel almost daily”.

    I hv moved out 2 mths ago & renting a room & my husband DIDN’T even pay a cent. now my husband is delaying the divorce process. maybe bcos he refuse to pay me maint. fee of RM600 per month & dispose of the car (i was the guarantor). his mother once told me that even AFTER signing the divorce paper & my husband DON’T PAY me a cent, i CANNOT do anything abt it. since the day i married him, i hv been working to support myself & even help out when he don’t hv enough money or when his family needs money.

    Is asking RM600 per month too much? he’s earning s’pore $1600 (incl. allowance) per mth & after the conversion, his salary is 3 times higher than my salary. i work in m’sia. i understand that i can sue him if he refuse to pay me the maint fee after signing the paper but what abt the legal fees for suing him? he hv to pay or i hv to pay myself? if he drag the divorce for half year to a year, can i ask him to pay the maint frm the day i was chase out until the day the divorce paper sign?

    thank you.

  • 74 sha sha // Dec 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm

    hi Eddie my husband is having affair we been married for 12years and three week ago he left the house to be with that women, we have 2 kids i want to know what action should i take. and the women is a foreigner can she be deported.

Leave a Comment

Disclaimer:Eddie Law is currently not involved in legal practise.This Site is provided for your information only to help you understand some of your legal rights. It should not be relied on as legal advice because it is not a substitute for an in person consultation with a lawyer. Nothing transmitted to or from this Site constitutes the establishment of an lawyer-client relationship between you or any lawyer. Eddie Law shall not be liable for any lost suffered by you as a result of relying on the information herein.